The Problem: If you attempt to open a database which contains macros, Access will stop you from opening the database because macros are potentially harmful to computers. It will bring up a window that looks like this:
You can enable macros but be warned that this will enable all macros on all documents from here on out. So what that means is-- you should be careful to only open documents that you trust.
How to Fix it
If the error window shown above is still on your screen click the Cancel button and go to step 2 below
1. Open Access
From the Citrix environment, click on the "Office" folder and then Access. Do NOT open Access locally on your computer.
2. Enable Macros
- Go to File,
- Trust Center,
- Trust Center Settings... (button),
- Macro Settings (left column),
- Enable all macros...
- OK, OK, close the Access program.
3. Now open your database file. It should open right up and not give you any warning messages.
If you see the error below...
Follow these steps:
- Click the OK button.
- Go to File Save Database As Choose a new name for your database click the Save button.
- Open that new file.