This document helps demonstrate helpful daily/weekly things that will keep PointCare running smoothly.
This is done multiple times each day. This is what allows you communicate directly with the office. This sends completed documentation back to the office and brings any new visits down to your tablet. You will also sync after accepting your visits for the day to let the office know you anticipate seeing those patients today.
This is a weekly bug fix from HCHB. You should Sync every Wednesday morning before you start your day. This will keep PointCare running in tip-top shape.
This feature allows you to refresh your PointCare Data tables. This brings form changes, new medicines, new doctors, new facilities, etc down to your tablet. Tables are not refreshed with your sync each week. SO, itâ€™s suggested you also do a Selective Refresh weekly. At minimum, it should be done once a month (first valet of the month)
This should only be done under the direction of a tablet expert or during one of our 3 yearly releases. Otherwise you will lose any uncompleted documentation. This is almost the same process as reinstalling PointCare. Do not use unless directed!
You must decide what to do with each visit on your screen.
You are going to do the visit today!
You cannot do the visit today and it needs to be assigned to someone else.
You cannot do the visit today but you can move it another day this week.
You cannot do the visit today AND it cannot be rescheduled before Sunday (Medicare wk).
A supervisor or scheduler has called you to sync the visit back to them.
In the morning:
- Sync- to get the most complete list of visits for today.
- Address your visits - Accept, reschedule as necessary. (Remember you can do this up to 6 days ahead of time by using the rolling calendar).
- Sync - to let the office know you have accepted your visits or send back reschedule requests.
Throughout the day:
- Sync the completed or incompleted visit when you leave the patient's home. Remember: Only completed visits are sent to the office.
End of the day:
- Address all of your visits - All visits should be Completed or Incomplete. Do not leave them with an A (Accepted) at the end of the day. Reschedule or miss visits as appropriate. Incomplete visits will be on the open tab as overdue visits the next day. Any visits not addressed late.
- Sync - To send in all completed visits and reschedule requests.
- Exit PointCare - This secures all the patient information from anyone who might have access to your tablet when you are not on the clock.
- Charge - Plug it in! Plug it in!
Once a week (Wednesday mornings)
Run Valet - To get to this, hit the menu button on your tablet (three horizontal bars), then Maintenance (looks like a wrench), then choose Communications from the menu, and Valet under that menu. Click Update.
- It should tell you that PointCare is up to date. Otherwise...
- Click the Update button, a download window will appear and updates will be downloaded. A box will appear that says, "The application you are installing will replace another application." Choose OK, then chose Install. When it is done, it will give you the option to Open or be done. Choose Open to get back into PointCare.
Selective Refresh - If there were any new Doctors added or other table changes, this will give you all new updates. A selective refresh does not hurt your incomplete/paused visits. To do this, hit: Menu -> Maintainance -> Communications -> Selective Refresh -> Select All (at Top) -> Select (at Bottom)
Reboot your tablet once a week. This will close any background applications that are running and really allow your tablet to refresh properly. You can do this before or after you valet. This can be done any day of the week.