If you ever wanted to create a group of people to email (for which there is not already an existing Distribution List) here's how to do it.
1. Log in and launch Microsoft Outlook
2. Click on Contacts
3. Click on New Contact Group
4. Type a name for your Contact Group
In this case, we are calling the group "Team AppleSauce".
5. Click Add Members and then select where to search (usually From Address Book)
Here are the options you will see and what each means:
- From Outlook Contacts = search for contacts you have already manually entered into Outlook
- From Address Book = search for contacts which are Ensign employees (in the Global Address List)
- New Email Contact = add someone to the group who is not in Outlook Contacts or the Address Book
6. Search for and add the members for your group.
Type the last name of the person you want to find in the search box. That will take you to that last name. Then double click on the person to add them to your list of members. When done adding members, click OK.
In the example below, I have added Tyler Douglas and Ryan Rushton. The search results are showing what one would see if they searched for "rushton"
7. Click Save Close to finish creating the group.
Note the members are listed in the lower part of this window.
8. Now try it out with a new email message.
When you start to type this Contact Group name in the To field for a new email you should see the group show up as an auto-complete option.