1. Create a new blank calendar
- Open Outlook
- go to the Calendar
- click the "Open Calendar" icon
- choose "Create New Blank Calendar"
2. Choose a name for the new calendar
I chose to call my new calendar "Time Off Calendar". This is how you will identify it in your list of calendars.
3. Close your original "Calendar"
Click the "X" to the right of of the "Calendar" tab or to the left of where it is listed in the left hand side bar. Both ways are indicated below.
4. Share the new calendar
- Click the "Share Calendar" button.
- Then chose who you want to share it with, what level of control you want to give them, and type a little message. Then send it.
- 4You'll also need to confirm your permissions setting when you get the popup message.
Some details you should know: You can share a calendar with individuals or with a distribution group (like an entire building or department). If you want the recipients to also be able to edit the calendar - like adding appointments to it - they need to be Ensign employees with email addressed from ensign (but not necessarily "ensigngroup.net").
1. Look in email and "Open this Calendar"
You should get an email shortly after the new calendar is created and shared. When you get the email, click "Open this Calendar" either from the email preview or the email reader window (both are shown below).
2. Now you can view/edit the calendar
You can turn on and off viewing of calendars by checking the boxes in the left hand side bar.
This may seem tedious but for those of us who sync calendars to our mobile phones, we don't want to get notified at midnight for "all day" events that have been scheduled in the calendar. Please be conscientious of this and only set reminders when necessary. You can turn off reminder notifications by clicking the down arrow by Reminder and choosing "None". Your teammates will thank you (or more likely just curse you when you forget it :).